Inclusive Trauma Informed Practice 2: Maintaining Appropriate Professional Boundaries at Work
Saturday, November 03, 2018 - Saturday, November 03, 2018
9 AM - 4 PM
Michiko Room, Rosedale on Robson, 838 Hamilton Street
This workshop will benefit Home Visitors and other Community support workers to move past stumbling blocks or stuck places with families, identify their own personal biases, and focus on coaching as a strategy for the family to be the family they want to be while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
Over this full day, 6-hour workshop, participants will:
- Briefly review how to support participants who have experienced trauma and the profound effect it has on their continued growth
- Learn strategies to respond to people presenting trauma when they ask for service outside of mandates
- Discuss common challenges and case scenarios
- Learn how to create safe environments for participants of programs, as well as how to create a safe and healthy working environment for ourselves
- Explore how taking care of ourselves is taking care of our clients
- Learn effective personal wellness practices and how this can enhance service delivery
- Discuss and explore roles, limitations and mandates in relation to professional boundaries
Included in Training Sessions:
- Certificate of Completion
- Refreshments at morning and afternoon breaks (coffee/tea with baked goods in the morning and a fruit plate in the afternoon)
The price of this training will increase from $145 person to $160/person on August 6th, 2018.
If you wish to take this workshop in combination with the Integrated Strategies for Home Visitors, we offer a discounted rate of $800 for both. Please contact Jennifer Westoby to register at email@example.com.