Integrated Strategies for Home Visitors: Fall 2018
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - Friday, November 02, 2018
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Rosedale on Robson, Michiko Room, 838 Hamilton St
An invaluable training for those working in home visiting programs for families with young children (aged 0-6 years).
In this four-day skill-driven course, family practitioners acquire new skills for motivating and communicating with parents of infants and young children. Participants will benefit from:
- Opportunities to concretely apply theory to practice
- Action tools, assessment tools and practical strategies for engaging families in home visiting
- Strategies for building parental confidence and competencies that support growth in families and promote positive parent-child relationships
- Informative discussions on professional boundaries, limit setting and self-care tips
- Networking with other family practitioners who do home visits
- A comprehensive manual full of tools and ideas.
Training will occur from 8:30AM until 4:30PM each day, and participants are expected to arrive by 8:20AM. Lunch will be provided throughout the training as well as coffee/tea and some baked goods at coffee breaks.
Certificates provided upon completion and attendance of all four days. Certificates are not provided for partial attendance.
If you require accommodation, the Rosedale has a small number of guest rooms on hold until September 30, 2018 for $129. Please use the group number 729385 to receive the discounted rate.
Earlybird registration is $600/person until September 15, 2018; on September 16th, the price will rise to $720/person.
Certified Family Life Education (CFLE) approved for 26 contact hours or 2.6 CEU’s