An 8 week parenting group based on the S.T.E.P method, helping you to build a toolkit to raise capable, cooperative, and responsible children.
This posting is for the individuals rate. Couples & co-parents receive a discounted rate - please register at this link to receive the discount rate: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/step-parenting-workshop-registration-320915967297
We believe that family, however it is defined, is the basic social unit of society, and that healthy families build health communities.
The S.T.E.P. (Systematic Training in Effective Parenting) method is rooted in Adlerian psychology and was developed in the 1950s by Rudolph Dreikurs. The main tenets are mutual respect, encouragement and positive discipline and the workshops provide parents with practical tools to help raise capable children.
- Learn why the ‘good parent’ and the ‘good child’ are myths.
- Understand the purpose of behaviours such as temper tantrums and defiance.
- Develop effective parenting patterns.
- Reduce family conflict.
- Discover effective strategies and tools.
- Learn how to encourage children to take responsibility, feel capable, and be respectful.
- Learn, explore, and share in a supportive and relaxed atmosphere.
The 8 weekly workshop dates will be on Wednesdays, 6:00pm - 8:00pm PST:
- January 18, 25
- February 1, 8, 15, 22
- March 1, 8
To receive a Certificate of Completion, attendance to all 8 workshop dates is mandatory unless previously discussed with the facilitator.
Financial support may be available. Please contact us at 604-742-1818 or email@example.com to inquire about financial aid.