Self-Compassion: Your Inner Ally for More Peace, More Patience and Less Overwhelm
Tuesday, February 14, 2023 - Tuesday, February 21, 2023
9:30 AM - 12 PM (Weekly)
Online via Zoom
Learn to identify and practice self-compassion
What is self-compassion?
In this workshop, we will explore some of the myths about self-compassion as well as what self-compassion is and what is NOT. We will introduce the three pillars of self-compassion: mindfulness, common humanity, and kindness, and explore them both individually and collectively. We will look at some of the benefits of self-compassion and the resistance we experience to it, including the beliefs that lead to this resistance.
- Explore our thoughts, feelings, and internal dialogue about self-compassion
- Discuss the myths about self-compassion and what it is and is not
- Begin to understand the science behind self-compassion
- Learn what it means to “create space,” and to get curious about yourself with self-compassion, mindfulness, and personal awareness (using somatic awareness exercises)
- Gain an introduction to the three pillars of self-compassion and spend time exploring them through solo and group activities/explorations
Dates and Times
Tuesday, February 14th and Tuesday, February 21st from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PST.
About the Facilitator
Kate Toye is a Self Compassion Coach who weaves together mindfulness, wellness, somatic, and intuitive coaching, self-compassion, Compassionate Inquiry, and Internal Family Systems to support her clients in her private practice. She is a certified Compassionate Inquiry Practitioner, a psychotherapeutic approach developed by Gabor Mate, and is a certified Mindfulness, Wellness, and Somatic Coach through the Mindfulness Coaching School. Kate has a love of learning and continues to enroll in courses to grow her knowledge and the ability to support her clients. Her greatest teachers are her three kids. Self-compassion and compassionate inquiry have transformed who she is and how she is with her kids, her partner, her parents, and herself. Kate loves to share with anyone wanting to create a stronger relationship with themselves and their loved ones.
The price of this workshop is per-person. This workshop is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of participants.
This training will be taking place via Zoom. Participants will be emailed a link to join the session.
Registration will close on February 9, 2023.