NOBODY'S PERFECT PARENTING PROGRAM FACILITATORS' REFRESHER AND NEW FAMILY SUPPORT SKILLS TRAINING: Live Virtual Workshop
Thursday, December 17, 2020 - Thursday, December 17, 2020
9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Refresh your knowledge of the Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program
Registration for this workshop is closed. If you have registered and haven't received the login details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Nobody’s Perfect Parenting BC for a webinar this December to review program concepts, gain fresh facilitation techniques and learn tips and strategies for offering Nobody's Perfect programs during the pandemic. You will also have the chance to connect and collaborate with facilitators across the province.
- Review NPP program concepts such as the experiential learning cycle, and participant centered approach
- Learn fresh facilitation techniques
- Learn new strategies for facilitating Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Programs during Covid-19
- Discover ways to facilitate online that will help energize, motivate and engage parents
- Updates on new research related to facilitating groups online
- Become more aware of adult education principles
- Explore facilitation through interactive activities and examples of warmups, energizers, group building and other participant-centered techniques
Times: The workshop will start at 9:30 a.m. (PST) and go until 12:00 p.m., at which point there will be a lunch break. The webinar will resume after lunch at 1:00 p.m. and continue until 3:30 p.m. PST.
Please note that this workshop is geared towards trained Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Facilitators. While being a Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program Facilitator is not a requirement, it is recommended, as a significant portion of the material will be directly related to the Program. Please have your Nobody's Perfect Parenting Facilitators manual with you during the webinar.
About the Facilitator
Carmen Paterson-Payne is the Provincial Coordinator of Nobody’s Perfect (NPP) Parenting Manitoba. She is a Nobody’s Perfect Master Trainer, Trainer and group facilitator. She is also a contract trainer, program developer and adult learning facilitator. Carmen has many years of experience working with Aboriginal communities and Newcomers. She believes that respecting values and using a strengths-based participant- centred approach to facilitation is a key when working with all cultures that she trains and teaches. Carmen’s background in Early Childhood Development and certification in Adult and Continuing Education, compliments her work with practitioners and families.
Please note that this webinar is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people enrolled in order to run it.
This webinar will be taking place online via Zoom. Registered participants will be emailed a meeting link. Please check your promotions and spam folders for the login instructions.