Learn how to help parents with children aged 0-5 years connect, build knowledge, and gain confidence.
Develop new skills for delivering strength-based learning and conducting non-judgmental and inclusive community programming. Participants learn how to facilitate experiential learning in which parents gain information and insight and learn how to apply what they have learned to many areas of their lives. NPP is a core training for family support professionals.
This crucial program, developed in Canada for parents of every cultural community, has been consistently demonstrated to positively impact the parenting knowledge, skills and confidence of participants. For parents in particularly stressful situations – when there simply isn’t enough money, when they’re new to the community or to the country, when they’re young, or under-educated, or struggling without a partner or family support – being part of a supportive group of parents who understand and share their difficulties can make all the difference.
Who is this training for?
The Nobody’s Perfect facilitator training is specifically aimed at those with previous experience and/or education in facilitating groups and working with children, youth and families. You will be comfortable with the basic principles of adult education, currently employed with or volunteering at a multi-service or family support organization, and passionate about supporting families in all their diversity.
How will I benefit?
After attending this training, you will have developed:
- Knowledge of Nobody’s Perfect program objectives and materials
- Increased awareness of the principles of adult education and their application to the Nobody’s Perfect program parents
- Enhanced skills in assessing the needs of parent groups
- Ability to plan and direct program sessions
- Enriched practical facilitation skills
A complete training and program materials package is included in the cost of the training.
Please note that there will be a tech check on Friday, February 23rd at noon that all participants are expected to attend.
Dates and Times
- Tech Check: Friday, February 23, 12:00 p.m. PST
- Friday, March 8th, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST
- Monday, March 11th, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. p.m. PST
- Thursday, March 14th, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST
- Friday, March 15th, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST
This training will be taking place via Zoom. Participants will need a stable internet connection (we recommend joining via a computer, and not a tablet or cell phone) and a quiet place to participate. Having a working camera and keeping it on for the duration of the training is required. Participation, including in breakout rooms, will also be required.
To be eligible to take the training you must make arrangements to co-facilitate the program with an experienced facilitator within one year of receiving training. A letter from an agency or organization confirming that they will support you in the delivery of the program, and that you have undergone a criminal record check, is required to confirm your enrolment. Please address the letter to Ruby Banga, and email it to her at email@example.com or fax it to 604-678-8886.
Certificates will be issued upon delivery of your first group.
About the Facilitators
Susan Foster has been a Nobody’s Perfect Trainer since 2003. After almost 20 years of working in the non-profit sector, Susan joined the Ministry of Children and Family Development in 2008. She has over 30 years’ experience in a variety of positions, primarily focused on parents and families with young children, and she holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology.
Margie Koepke is a Nobody's Perfect Parenting Facilitator and Trainer who lives in Terrace. She has worked with the pregnant and parenting population for 34 years, and facilitates a variety of parent groups. Margie is a lover of family, laughter and the simple things in life.
- "The experiential approach was so clear and apparent"
- "Loved the hands on experience"
- "I really enjoyed this program; everyone is very supportive; a great diverse group; I learned a lot"
- "I loved how comfortable and open our group was and I liked the material"
- "Very good training/thorough/easy to understand/ relevant to training and facilitation"
- "It gave me confidence that i could deliver a session"
Learn more about Nobody's Perfect Parenting
The cost of this training is per person.
This training will be taking place via Zoom. Participants will be emailed a link to join the session.
This training is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people in order to run it.