My Tween and Me is a parenting program for families with children aged 7-12 years.
Learn new facilitation skills to engage both parents and their tweens in our innovative curriculum that goes beyond parent education to promote strong family relationships and positive youth development for children aged 7-12 as they move through the critical transition from childhood to adolescence.
Our two and a half day newly revised Leader Training is designed to provide professionals with practical strategies and techniques that are flexible and adaptive in promoting positive youth development for tweens as they transition into adolescence and early adulthood. Becoming a My Tween and Me Leader means learning how to help parents:
- Strengthen their pre-teen’s self confidence, esteem and worth
- Positively influence their pre-teen’s choices, values and goals
- Support their tweens in making healthy decisions
The training centers around five core topics:
- Healthy development of children age 7 – 12
- Life at school as a pre-teen
- Building strong family relationships
- Encouraging strong peer relationships
- Exploring today’s pre-teen world and building community
- Lunch is on your own
- Coffee/tea provided
- Leader Guide included
About the Facilitator
Kerry Watts, My Tween and Me Program Coordinator, has spent over 20 years working with children, families and communities in a variety of roles. Kerry is passionate about building community and working together to support parents from preconception through to adolescence. She lives on the Sunshine Coast with her husband, three children, and an odd assortment of pets.
The cost of this training will increase from $385 to $400 on April 15th.
Please note that this training is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people enrolled in order to be able to run it.