My Tween and Me Leader Training: May 2023
Tuesday, May 16, 2023 - Thursday, May 18, 2023
9 AM - 4:30 PM
Online via Zoom
My Tween and Me is a parenting program for families with children aged 7-12 years.
Our 15-hour training is newly revised to provide family service professionals with practical strategies and techniques that are flexible and adaptive in promoting positive youth development for tweens as they transition into adolescence and early adulthood.
Learn new facilitation skills to engage both parents and their tweens in our innovative curriculum that goes beyond parent education to promote strong family relationships and positive youth development for children aged 7-12 as they move through the critical transition from childhood to adolescence.
Learn how to help parents:
- Strengthen their pre-teen’s self-confidence, esteem and worth
- Positively influence their pre-teen’s choices, values and goals
- Support their tweens in making healthy decisions
The training centers around five core topics:
- Healthy development of children age 7 – 12
- Life at school as a pre-teen
- Building strong family relationships
- Encouraging strong peer relationships
- Exploring today’s pre-teen world and building community
For more information about the program model - that engages and empowers both parents and tweens in group support - as well as detail about specific facilitation skills developed through the training, please look at our My Tween and Me program brochure.
- A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent out closer to the training
- Leader Guide included with resources and everything required if you choose to run a My Tween and Me Parenting program. It will be mailed to you.
Dates and Times (PST)
- May 16: 1:00-4:30 p.m.
- May 17: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- May 18: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
About the Facilitator
Carmen Paterson-Payne is the Provincial Coordinator of Nobody’s Perfect (NPP) Parenting Manitoba. She is a Nobody’s Perfect Master Trainer, Trainer and group facilitator. She is also a contract trainer, program developer and adult learning facilitator. Carmen has many years of experience working with Aboriginal communities and Newcomers. She believes that respecting values and using a strengths-based participant- centred approach to facilitation is a key when working with all cultures that she trains and teaches. Carmen’s background in Early Childhood Development and certification in Adult and Continuing Education, compliments her work with practitioners and families.
- “Great activity ideas”
- “Relevant information, interesting and needed for this age group”
- “This training will help with my day to day work by providing a new lens for the tween years and views”
- “[Provides] strategies to approach uncomfortable topics with parents and tweens”
- “Easy, straight forward lesson plans that are effective”
- “I learned additional information surrounding tween cognitive, social-emotional, psychological and physiological changes which will benefit me in my line of work”
The price of this training is per person. This training will be taking place online via Zoom, and registered participants will be emailed a meeting link.