My Tween and Me Leader Training for school-age child care providers working in a licensed facility and Early Childhood Educators: June 2020
Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - Thursday, June 25, 2020
7 PM - 9 PM
My Tween and Me is a parenting program for families with children aged 7-12 years.
THIS TRAINING IS FULL. TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THE WAITLIST, PLEASE EMAIL MTM@BCCF.CA
THIS IS A SPECIAL TRAINING FOR SCHOOL-AGE CHILD CARE PROVIDERS WORKING IN A LICENSED FACILITY AND EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS.
Our 12-hour training is newly revised to provide School age and Early Child Care providers with practical strategies and techniques that are flexible and adaptive in promoting positive youth development for tweens as they transition into adolescence and early adulthood.
Learn new facilitation skills to engage both parents and their tweens in our innovative curriculum that goes beyond parent education to promote strong family relationships and positive youth development for children aged 7-12 as they move through the critical transition from childhood to adolescence.
Learn how to help parents:
- Strengthen their pre-teen’s self-confidence, esteem and worth
- Positively influence their pre-teen’s choices, values and goals
- Support their tweens in making healthy decisions
The training centers around five core topics:
- Healthy development of children age 7 – 12
- Life at school as a pre-teen
- Building strong family relationships
- Encouraging strong peer relationships
- Exploring today’s pre-teen world and building community
For more information about the program model - that engages and empowers both parents and tweens in group support - as well as detail about specific facilitation skills developed through the training, please look at our My Tween and Me program brochure.
- June 9, 11, 16, 18, 23 and 25
- A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent out closer to the training
- Leader Guide included with resources and everything required if you choose to run a My Tween and Me Parenting program. It will be mailed to you.
This is a special subsidized training offered in partnership with YMCA CCRR. To be eligible to attend, you must be a school-age child care provider currently working in a licensed facility or an Early Childhood Educator.
About the Facilitator
Kerry Watts, Project Lead for the Revised My Tween and Me Program, has spent over 20 years working with children, families and communities in a variety of roles. Kerry is passionate about building community and working together to support parents from preconception through to adolescence. She lives on the Sunshine Coast with her husband, three children, and an odd assortment of pets.
- “Great activity ideas”
- “Relevant information, interesting and needed for this age group”
- “This training will help with my day to day work by providing a new lens for the tween years and views”
- “[Provides] strategies to approach uncomfortable topics with parents and tweens”
- “Easy, straight forward lesson plans that are effective”
- “I learned additional information surrounding tween cognitive, social-emotional, psychological and physiological changes which will benefit me in my line of work”
This is a special subsidized training offered in partnership with the YMCA and Child Care Resource and Referral
If you have any questions, or would like to inquire about financal assistance, please email email@example.com or call 604-678-8884 ext. 101.
Please note that this training is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people enrolled in order to be able to run it.