My Tween and Me: December 2018
Wednesday, December 05, 2018 - Friday, December 07, 2018
9 AM - 4 PM
Strive Living Society, #500 - 4370 Dominion Street
My Tween and Me is a parenting program for families with children aged 7-12 years.
The goal of the program is to strengthen parents’ confidence and ability to positively influence the lives of their school-aged children and support their transition to adolescence. It works to promote positive youth development, foster resilience in middle childhood and adolescence, and strengthen family relationships.
Our two and a half day newly revised Leader Training is designed to provide professionals with practical strategies and techniques that are flexible and adaptive in promoting positive youth development for tweens as they transition into adolescence and early adulthood. Becoming a My Tween and Me Leader means learning how to help parents:
- Strengthen their pre-teen’s self confidence, esteem and worth
- Positively influence their pre-teen’s choices, values and goals
- Support their tweens in making healthy decisions
The training centers around five core topics:
- Healthy development of children age 7 – 12
- Life at school as a pre-teen
- Building strong family relationships
- Encouraging strong peer relationships
- Exploring today’s pre-teen world and building community
- Lunch is on your own
- Coffee/tea provided
- Leader Guide included
This training takes places on Dec 5 & 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Dec 7 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The cost of this training will increase from $365 to $400 on October 17th, 2018.