Enhance your maternal mental health literacy at this one-day event!
Often you are the first point of contact for a mother struggling with their mental health.
This workshop will enhance your mental health literacy, provide a guide for the promotion of mental wellness for mothers, and promote practices that build resiliency and a strong network of community supports.
The valuable toolkit is a workbook-style resource that will increase maternal mental health knowledge, skills, and confidence among those working with mothers and families.
This toolkit and workshop will:
- enhance your mental health literacy,
- provide you with a guide for promoting mental wellness for mothers,
- teach tools and techniques to help you prevent mental health issues,
- help you recognize the risks and signs of possible mental illness,
- help you guide women and their families—and other people supporting them—to understand and access assessment and treatment services, and
- enhance your knowledge of community responses and support that encourage recovery and decrease stigma.
As a bonus, participants will also learn how to use the Growing Together Toolkit, a complementary resource designed by the BC Council for Families, that presents services providers with strategies to build healthy relationships with babies and toddlers and focuses on mothers who are dealing with depression, anxiety, substance use, trauma and other challenging circumstances. Accompanying Parent Handouts are translated into 9 languages!
Please note: The Toolkit was not developed for self-help use by mothers. It will equip front-line community support workers with tools specific to supporting parenting at the neighbourhood level. It is not comprehensive mental health education or a treatment manual and is not intended as a replacement for mental health assessment or services.