Build your capacity to better understand and engage with dads in your programs and community in this highly interactive and practical workshop.
We’ll deliver info and tools on: how dads parent; what dads are looking for in programs and services; how to create father-friendly environments; and how to market to dads.
Based on research and practical experience, It's a Dad's Life looks at:
- The experiences of dads today – who are they and what makes them tick?
- How men parent and why it is good for kids
- What men are looking for from services and programs
- Overview of a strengths-based approach to serving men
- Assessment of present practices
- Strategies for marketing to men, including flyer do’s and don’ts, and the use of social media
- Specialized resources available and how to best use them
- Engaging moms about father involvement
- Women working with men – some tips, ideas, and things to watch out for
- Developing an action plan to determine next steps
Morning and afternoon snacks as well as coffee/tea will be provided. Lunch is not included. Paid parking on site.
About the Facilitator
Reg Unrau, Program Facilitator-Abby Dads, Abbotsford Community Services, Abbotsford, B.C.
For almost five years, Reg has worked with dads, moms, and kids at Abbotsford Community Services within Abby Dads, The Family Center, New Beginnings Young Parent Program, and at the Youth Resource Center. Previous to, and during the early part of his ACS involvement, he worked with multiple agencies, supporting adults and youth living with the concurrent disorders of mental health and addictions.
His passion is to empower both clients and staff in developing the community and relationships that make life that much more doable and rewarding. Insatiable curiosity, and the drive to build strong relationships, allow him to maintain the teacher/learner role that keeps his work fresh and invigorating.
The price of this training will increase from $100 to $125 on February 27th, 2020.