You will experience first-hand how to train the youth and seniors to better understand and interact with each other in respectful and appropriate ways. The PowerPoint slides and training guide will be yours to take with you.
- Learn how to facilitate sensitivity training for youth
- Personally experience the “Instant Aging” kit for youth
- Learn how to facilitate sensitivity training for older adults
- Walk through the training where older adults learn about brain development, Gen Z and relationship building
- Understand how to customize the training for both youth and older adults based on the age of youth and the environment of the older adults
Youth Sensitivity Training
- Experience the sensitivity training as if you were a youth
- Activities included in the training:
- Instant aging experience
- Losses activity
- Processing skills activity
Older Adults/Senior Sensitivity Training
- Experience the sensitivity training as if you were a senior
- You will participate in the “processing skills” activity
- There will be time for discussion and clarification of some of the material covered in the slides
- PowerPoint slides
- Training guide
About the Facilitator
Betty Good has over 30 years experience as an educator and consultant both in Canada and internationally. This wealth of experience has prepared her to work well with both youth and seniors. For more than seven years, Betty managed programs and facilitated trainings with LINKages Society of Alberta, and she has also trained others how to start their own. Her many intergenerational friendships have shown her the benefits to both seniors and youth of having friendships with people from other generations.
The price of this training is per person.
This training will be taking place online via Zoom. Registered participants will be emailed a meeting link.
This training is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people in order to run it.