Acquire new knowledge, tools, and techniques to support families (with children aged 0-6 years) in their homes in this core training developed by Great Kids, Inc.* (GKI).
In this hands-on, engaging, and informative program you’ll learn about the protective factors that increase the health and well-being of children and families, as well as practical strategies to teach and strengthen these factors in the families you work with. Participants will receive a manual and international training certification from GKI.
Participants will benefit from:
- Opportunities to concretely apply theory to practice
- Action tools, assessment tools and practical strategies for engaging families in home visiting
- Strategies for building parental confidence and competencies that support growth in families and promote positive parent-child relationships
- Informative discussions on professional boundaries, limit setting and self-care tips
- Networking with other family practitioners who do home visits
- A comprehensive manual full of tools and ideas.
Lunch will be provided throughout the training as well as coffee/tea and some healthy snacks at coffee breaks. Certificates provided upon completion and attendance of all five days. Certificates are not provided for partial attendance.
Certified Family Life Education (CFLE) approved for 26 contact hours or 2.6 CEU’s
About the Facilitator
Orah Chaye has been working with children and families for over 30 years. She has focused her community service delivery work with indigenous peoples, immigrants and refugees in a wide variety of contexts. She has extensively instructed ECE, and offered many professional development trainings. Orah coordinated the Vancouver Early Years Refugee Program, started the "Welcome to Canada" Children's Program, and coordinated the "Pop-Up Family Program" for refugees in temporary housing. She is committed to promoting social justice and building capacity and opportunities for professionals working with marginalized populations.
Earlybird registration is $700/person. The price will rise to $800/person on August 6th.
Please note that this training is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people enrolled in order to be able to run it.