Integrated Strategies for Home Visitors: March 2020
Monday, March 23, 2020 - Friday, March 27, 2020
9:30 AM - 4 PM
Rosedale on Robson Suites - Michiko Room, 838 Hamilton St
Acquire new knowledge, tools, and techniques to support families (with children aged 0-6 years) in their homes in this core training developed by Great Kids, Inc.* (GKI).
In this hands-on, engaging, and informative program you’ll learn about the protective factors that increase the health and well-being of children and families, as well as practical strategies to teach and strengthen these factors in the families you work with. Participants will receive a manual and international training certification from GKI.
Participants will benefit from:
- Opportunities to concretely apply theory to practice
- Action tools, assessment tools and practical strategies for engaging families in home visiting
- Strategies for building parental confidence and competencies that support growth in families and promote positive parent-child relationships
- Informative discussions on professional boundaries, limit setting and self-care tips
- Networking with other family practitioners who do home visits
- A comprehensive manual full of tools and ideas.
Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided. Lunch will be on your own.
Participants will receive certification for full attendance.
About the Facilitator
Orah Chaye is of North African and Scandinavian descent growing up with a strong Oriental cultural influence since age 10. A highly experienced Educator and Consultant for nearly 30 years, she has developed the Creative Process Trauma Informed Practice methodology approach. Working extensively in Indigenous, Refugee and Immigrant Populations, Orah is contracted for a wide variety of in-service development projects to various agencies; and also invited to present at numerous conferences and symposiums. She has a particular interest in early human brain development, and its correlation to early attachment.
The price of this workshop will increase from $725 to $800 on February 10, 2020.
Please note that this training is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people enrolled in order to be able to run it.