Save money by registering for both our Integrated Strategies and Risk Management for Home Visitor Trainings.
Integrated Strategies for Home Visiting: February 5-8, 2018
In this four-day skill-driven course, family practitioners acquire new skills for motivating and communicating with parents of infants and young children. Participants will benefit from:
- Opportunities to concretely apply theory to practice
- Action tools, assessment tools and practical strategies for engaging families in home visiting
- Strategies for building parental confidence and competencies that support growth in families and promote positive parent-child relationships
- Informative discussions on professional boundaries, limit setting and self-care tips
- Networking with other family practitioners who do home visits
- A comprehensive manual full of tools and ideas
Risk Management for Home Visitors: February 9, 2018
This one-day practical and research-based workshop will equip outreach workers with the skills, awareness and strategies to stay safe and healthy in their work.
Participants will have the opportunity to work with typical case studies to hone their skills at identifying and appropriately managing risk in the home visit setting. Participants will benefit from an increased level of knowledge of the risks of delivering social services in clients’ homes, as well as increased skills and knowledge to assess risk levels and to take the appropriate steps to mitigate risk.
Topics covered include:
- The BC Workers Compensation Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Rights
- Risk assessment
- Strategies to mitigate risks such as: working alone, slips and falls, driving and travel, violence, infectious diseases, and psychological trauma
Lunch will be provided as well as refreshments at morning and afternoon breaks (coffee/tea with baked goods in the morning and a fruit plate in the afternoon).
Certificates provided upon completion and attendance of all 5 days. Certificates are not provided for partial attendance.
The price of this training will increase from $700/person to $800/person on December 22, 2017.