Inclusive Trauma Informed Practice 3: Using the Creative Process in the Classroom or Playroom
Friday, November 30, 2018 - Friday, November 30, 2018
9:30 AM - 4 PM
Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, Room 104, 6450 Deer Lake Ave
Develop new strategies to help children affected by trauma reach their full potential.
As a family support professional, you can have a profound impact on a child’s ability to cope, build resilience, and achieve optimal development.
In this workshop you’ll gain a strong foundation of knowledge by learning more about early brain development and how trauma impacts the brain.
You’ll also gain hands-on knowledge and experience with interactive case studies and activities designed to help you learn how to:
- Identify some common trauma triggers
- Create a culture of welcome for all children
- Identify ways to implement the creative process effectively
- Develop more creative strategies to respond to children presenting trauma
- Understand more about early brain development and how it impacts the ability to process trauma effectively
Coffee and refreshments will be provided. Lunch is on your own. A certificate will issued upon completion.