Tips for Running Engaging Groups & Understanding Adult Learning Principles
This training is for family service and community support professionals to develop and refresh their group facilitation skills and gain innovative, creative and practical ideas for delivering their own vibrant sessions.
Fantastic Facilitation techniques are based on adult education principles that can be transferred to many types of settings, such as community educational programs and sessions, staff training, or in board or team meetings. By applying new delivery techniques, participants will help turn their own groups into something that inspires and initiates change in others.
- Discuss how to use energizers and small group discussions
- Discover new ways of engaging participants in groups
- Experience interactive activities and examples of warmups, energizers, group building and other participant-centered techniques
- Understand how to adapt to a virtual learning platform as a facilitator
- Have an increased awareness of adult education principles
- Experience fantastic facilitation techniques using adult learning principles
- Be able to recognize the importance of creating a safe learning environment for their groups which will lead to more participant engagement and motivation in their participants
About the Facilitator
Carmen Paterson-Payne is is a contract trainer, program developer and adult learning facilitator and has worked for many non-profit organizations in that capacity. Carmen is also a Provincial Coordinator of a Nobody’s Perfect parenting program in Manitoba. She is a Master Trainer, Trainer and group facilitator for a variety of programs. Using these skills, Carmen creates and facilitate many different professional learning opportunities and also facilitates strategic and vision planning of organizations. Carmen believes that respecting values and using a strengths-based participant- centred approach to facilitation is a key when working with all cultures and groups. She focuses on using a head, heart and hand approach to facilitating. Carmen’s background in Early Childhood Development and certification in Facilitating Older Adult Learners and Continuing and Adult and Education from the University of Manitoba, compliments her work with practitioners, families, community, and even at the Board level.
The price of this workshop will increase from $139 to $159 on January 31st, 2024.
The cost of this training is per person.
This training will be taking place via Zoom. Participants will be emailed a link to join the session.
Please note that this training is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people enrolled in order to be able to run it.