Fantastic Facilitation: February 2020
Monday, February 03, 2020 - Monday, February 03, 2020
9 AM - 4:30 PM
Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel, 838 Hamilton Street
Hone your Group Facilitation Skills
This training is for family service and community support professionals to develop and refresh their group facilitation skills and gain innovative, creative and practical ideas for delivering their own vibrant sessions.
Fantastic Facilitation techniques are based on adult education principles that can be transferred to many types of settings, such as community educational programs and sessions, staff training, or in board or team meetings. By applying new delivery techniques, participants will help turn their own groups into something that inspires and initiates change in others. Participants will:
- Explore group facilitation through interactive activities and examples of warm-ups, energizers, group building and other participant-centered techniques
- Recognize the importance of creating a safe learning environment, which will lead to more participant engagement and motivation
- Gain awareness of adult education principles and facilitation technique resources
- Refresh their knowledge of the principles and objectives of family support programs such as Nobody’s Perfect Parenting
- Increased awareness of core principles for family support programs: participant centred approach, respecting values and learning from experience
About the Facilitator
Carmen Paterson-Payne is a highly experienced trainer, program developer and adult learning facilitator. She is a Provincial Coordinator of parenting programs in Manitoba, a Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Master Trainer, Trainer and group facilitator. She also facilitates strategic and vision planning for a variety of organizations. Carmen’s background in Early Childhood Development and certification in Continuing and Adult and Education, complements her work with practitioners, families and at the Board level.
The price of this workshop will increase from $139 to $159 on January 6th, 2020.
Please note that this training is not guaranteed to run. We need a minimum number of people enrolled in order to be able to run it.