This course is a self-paced study, ideal for divorcing, separated or never married parents.
It will take us a couple of business days to set up your course. Once we have emailed you the login details, you may start the course whenever you like, and complete it at your own pace. Please disregard course start and end dates/times above.
The focus is on the children, as parents learn skills to avoid common mistakes and effectively work together with their co-parent. Topics covered include:
- The impact of changes in family structure on children
- Avoiding common parenting mistakes
- Making shared parenting work
- Designing a parenting plan
- Financial fairness
- New relationships
This course is offered through a partnership with Online Parenting Programs. for families to complete at their own schedule and pace. How it works:
- Register for a course
- You will be emailed instructions on how to access your course (please check your spam and promotions folders for the email). It takes us a couple of business days to set your course up for you. We will not be mailing any physical packages, or instructions.
- Take the course online
- Complete the final exam (if you don’t pass, you can take it again)
- Receive your certificate
Online Parenting Programs is one of the largest providers of family life education in America. Their mission is to serve diverse families including families in transition. They are a subsidiary of Extended Learning Center, Inc.®