Support on the Edge of Chaos
Join us for the only conference of its kind in BC that provides learning and connecting opportunities specifically for professionals in young parent programs. The theme of this year's conference is Support on the Edge of Chaos, and will offer two days of engaging professional development.
Keynotes and Presentations
- Morning Keynote, Friday, Oct 25: Tom McEvay-educator from Port Alberni, talking about how to work with/empower vulnerable youth to take charge of their learning and life
- Morning Keynote, Saturday Oct 26: Jennifer Charlesworth, the BC Representative for Children and Youth
- Closing presentation: Meredith Graham-former youth in care who is a spoken word poet and youth advisor with MCFD
- Enid Elliot presenting about the Pikler approach
- Alana Thompson to present about skillfully responding to distress
- Kathi Camilleri to present an experiential reconciliation workshop "Building Bridges through Understanding the Village"
- MCFD interactive dialogue with members of the Child Care Programs and Services side of MCFD
- Workshop on Mindful Self-Compassion with Vicki Pawlowski
- An interactive workshop about developing boundaries with young parents with Jodie McDonald using somatic awareness and breathing/visualization activities
- Two-part workshop on introducing and further integrating nature education into your centre
Parking, resort fee and lunch on both days is included in conference rate.
- Accommodations info onsite: $158/night. A block of rooms is on hold for both Thursday, October 24 and Friday, October 25.
- Reservations need to be booked by Wednesday, August 24, 2019. Guests must identify themselves as part of the Association of Young Parent Programs 2019 Conference group in order to receive the group rate. Reservations made directly with our Reservations Department at 800-663-7373.
- Conference rates also available offsite at: Ocean Sands Resort; quote "Alliance Conference" and get 10% off; at Sunrise Ridge Resort; quote BCCF for discounts.