This self-directed educational program is designed for parents of children aged birth to 18 who could benefit from learning basic parenting skills.
The program specifically targets parents who are at risk or who are involved in the child welfare or court systems in some way. The program’s primary goal is to minimize the risk of child maltreatment while optimizing healthy child development outcomes.
After completing the program, participants will have more:
- Effective and frequent communication with their children about emotions.
- Positive interaction skills with their children and more positive stress-management techniques with self and children.
- Developmentally appropriate expectations and interactions with their children.
- Consistency when interacting with and responding to their children.
- Positive and effective discipline methods with their children.
- Greater self-confidence and satisfaction with parenting.
This course is offered through a partnership with Online Parenting Programs for families to complete at their own schedule and pace. How it works:
- Register for a course
- You will be emailed instructions on how to access your course (please check your spam and promotions folders for the email). It takes us a couple of business days to set your course up for you. We will not be mailing any physical packages, or instructions.
- Take the course online
- Complete the final exam (if you don’t pass, you can take it again)
- Receive your certificate
Online Parenting Programs is one of the largest providers of family life education in America. Their mission is to serve diverse families including families in transition. They are a subsidiary of Extended Learning Center, Inc.®